Sunday, October 5, 2008

Floatz, Not Orbitz

In 1996, I saw a beverage at the grocery store that I couldn't believe. Clearly Canadian, a beverage company, had released a new product. Here was a drink with actual floating chunks in it! I had to buy it; and picked the most ridiculous flavour available: pineapple, banana, cherry, and coconut. Those are all strong flavours, would they really mix successfully together?

But mainly, having chunks of anything in something I'm drinking is generally a bad sign, no matter how innocuous the chunks may seem. Yes, okay, there are exceptions, namely mini-marshmallows in hot chocolate. But even though they are tasty bits of sweet, the texture leaves a lot to be desired. It's gooey in a slimy way. You just suck those back immediately or you wait for them to melt. I imagine those white globules are quite like mini-marshmallows, except they rest in suspended animation and defy gravity. They don't actually orbit anything as the name of the drink implies.

There was a brief period where I almost opened it and drank it, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. This beverage is plain creepy. I've been waiting 12 years and those globule-thingys are still floating!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbitz_(soft_drink)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Clearly Canadian is making a BIG comeback please support our revival campaign to BUY cases visit www.clearlycanadian.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.